Friday, December 7, 2012

Cover of the Day: The Different Girl

The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist

I just saw this cover for the first time a couple of days ago and I couldn't wait to share it with all of you! 

Here are my thoughts in bullets:

  • The bright yellow works brilliantly against her pale skin and white background to really jump off the page and grab your attention.
  • The typestyle? GORGEOUS. It's so simple yet the added touch of the little bolts holding some of the letters together really makes it great. 
  • Lastly, did anyone else think the power button on her ear was just an earring? Once I realized what it was and how it ties in oh so brilliantly with the title, my mind was blown. 


What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. This cover is so awesome. It makes me want to read this book immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Unfortunately it doesn't come out until February =(

      Delete
  2. I love the font they used for the title and the overall color scheme

    ReplyDelete