Friday, August 10, 2012

Cover of the Day: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

This is probably one of my favorite YA covers of ALL time. Every little thing about it is perfect in my opinion!

Normally they say not to put things smack dab in the middle of the page but in this case I think the double yellow line that goes right down the middle of the image works so well with its symmetric design. I like the positioning of the two models, and how their faces have been omitted (it leaves more to the imagination that way.) Also, the type style used for the title is adorable!

I like how the focus is nice and sharp in the foreground and then out of focus in the background. This gives the image a lot of depth and really makes the two figures stand out more.

Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment