Monday, April 23, 2012

Cover of the Day: Fated

Fated by Alyson Noël

Points of interest on this cover: 
1. The light highlighting the title and then slowly fading away.
2. Dream catcher earrings! Look at the feathers!
3. The model's windswept hair transforming into part of the design. (So. Cool.)
4. The birds! Personally, I love bird shadows on book covers. Not entirely sure why. I'm just kind of obsessed with them.
5. The title font. I'm not too crazy about it, but I like how the designer used a more unique font, because it'll be recognizable as the series continues. Maybe it'll grow on me.
6. The tree shadows! Almost as good as the birds.

So as you can tell, I kind of love a lot of the aspects of this cover, and I'm excited to see what the rest of the books in the series will look like. (Keep using the birds, graphic designer!)

Your thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. Cheyenne-
    I like the concept behind this blog. You dropped me a link on Book Blogs (here's my link: http://bookorcrook.blogspot.com/) and I'm following you now. This cover reminds me of one from my childhood for one of Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising Books. It made an impression back then.
    -Jesse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a lot of fun running it and picking out my favorite covers. I'm following your blog back. (:

      Delete