Saturday, March 16, 2013

Series Spotlight: Stephanie Perkin's Companion Novels

     Today I'd like to spotlight one of my favorite series! Well they're companion novels, but that counts right?! I wanted to spotlight this series because it just got its covers redone and I really love them.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Available now!)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (Available now!)
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Available 9/7/13)

     Normally I HATE cover changes when the majority of the series is out, but this one I was ok with. (Only because I hadn't bought them yet lol) But with this series, I love the way they look! They make the series look more grown up and less YA-ish. Not saying that I didn't like the first covers, but these seem to make the story more mature. And now they seem a little plain, but the minimalism works for them I think. And I also like the color schemes. They're so bright but not over powering. And the font is huge, but to me it just works. (But I'm not gonna lie... I really didn't like the old covers lol)
Anna and the French KissLola and the Boy Next DoorIsla and the Happily Ever After

 So, what do you think? Should they have kept to the old covers or do you like the new ones???
Nikki H

1 comment:

  1. I'm really not liking how so many books are undergoing cover changes. Some of them turn out really good but others I find that I really don't like. These are somewhat eye-appealing, but plain.

    ReplyDelete