Friday, December 21, 2012

Cover of the Day: Afterparty

Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler

I find this cover to be very pretty yet sad at the same time. 

The top half is dark and cool, while the bottom half is bright and warm. The  colors of the blurred city lights are very cheerful but are contradicted by the dark silhouette walking barefoot and alone down the middle of the street. I like how the girls feet and the road in front of her are the only two things in focus. It really draws our attention to what's ahead of her, and where this path will lead.

What do you think? 
Is this cover pretty? Sad? Or both?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    I'm very happy that you find this cover intriguing! I was thrilled when I saw it. It was created by the same book designer who did "Where It Began," Jessica Handelman, and I feel so fortunate that she works on my books. I don't want to say anything spoileresque, but when you read "Afterparty," you'll see how perfect this cover is.

    Happy holidays!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the details, like how you can see the heels the girl is holding. The lights hovering below the night sky are just beautiful. And I just wanted to add on to Ann's comment that I noticed the similarities between this cover and Where It Began—they're both lovely!

    ReplyDelete