Friday, June 8, 2012

Cover of the Day: My Sister's Destiny


My Sister's Destiny by Kristina Caden

Isn’t this one a beauty?! I wish I could order a print of this to hang on my wall I’m so in love with it! The first thing I notice about this cover is the way the girl is holding her dress (or is that a cape?) out by her sides making it look like she has wings. 

My favorite part is the vibrant green of the tree branches and the light shining through her dress that creates this beautiful prism-like effect that is just stunning. 

I also really like the flowing hand-written feel of the type used for the title and the way that it’s stacked above the sub-title and authors name. 

Any thoughts?




6 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I love your signature! This cover is just gorgeous. I've never seen it before, so thanks for introducing me to it! ^.^
    I like the wings/cape too, and I really like how it looks like she's about to jump into the light up there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I hadn't seen it like that, that's why I love talking about it with other people because we all see things in a different way =)

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful cover. I'd like it hanging on a wall too. I like your description. The one thing that struck me was the openness of the woman as if she's surrendering and because of the butterfly-like appearance of her body I read transformation. Haven't a clue what the book is about, but I like to look at covers because they leave subtle hints about the story. I like the handwritten title too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Patricia! Now that you've pointed it out, I can see the idea of surrendering and transformation as well.

      Delete
  3. Love the brightness. I can almost feel the warmth of the sun coming through the trees. Definitely makes me want to learn more about the book.

    ReplyDelete