Friday, June 15, 2012

Cover of the Day: Bad Girls Don't Die

Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

I can’t get over how creepy this cover is, yet pretty at the same time! There is just something so unsettling about the way the girl is sitting, with her face and body covered by the curtain. Yet, it’s such a pretty lace curtain, and the way the light is shining brightly through it makes something that would otherwise look morbid seem less so. 

I also love the fancy, dotted border that frames the image and text; it ties in nicely with the lace patterns of the curtain. 

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how such a (seemingly) simple scene can evoke such a creepy feeling. I love this cover and it totally makes me want to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, once I saw the cover I was dying to learn more about the book and plan on reading it myself!

      Delete